Get Ready for National Preparedness Month 2017
The Ready Campaign recently released the September 2017 National Preparedness Month (NPM) theme and social media toolkit, which includes graphics, hashtags, and social media content to share.
This year’s theme is “Disasters Don’t Plan Ahead. You Can.” In addition to the overarching theme for the month, each week has a theme highlighting different preparedness actions.
The NPM 2017 Weekly Themes are as follows:
· Week 1: September 1-9 - Make a Plan for Yourself, Family and Friends.
· Week 2: September 10-16 - Plan to Help Your Neighbor and Community.
· Week 3: September 17-23 - Practice and Build Out Your Plans.
· Week 4: September 24-30 - Get Involved! Be a Part of Something Larger.
For more information, visit www.ready.gov/september.
Emphasis should be placed on involving the community in preparing for natural disasters; biological, chemical, or terrorist attacks; pandemic flu, mass casualties and immunizing the entire county.
- Family readiness
- Business readiness
- Mass prophylaxis
- Medical Volunteer Registry